"…but what makes you any different?" The impetuous noob asked. I struggled to find an answer that would both fit in the chat’s character limit and do our server justice. As it turns out there are loads of reasons our servers are different than your run-of-the-mill Minecraft server. Many reasons why we’re not “normal and jus factions.” Here is a list of ways we stand out, according to our players.
- Our mature and welcoming community. We are a 16+ community, with many players college-age or above. That means no 12.9-year-olds constantly asking to team. If you play for any amount of time, players will remember you and consider you a part of the community.
- Our zero-tolerance griefing policy. Griefing rarely ever happens, but when it does, we can instantly revert the damage and ban the griefer, keeping your builds safe!
- Self-repairing creeper damage. After 60 seconds, all block damage from creepers will self-repair, saving you time and materials.
- Lack of tired Minecraft server tropes. No Factions, no MCMMO, no annoying name prefixes. We do things our own way.
- Loads of custom-built content, including New Core City. Every server build is constructed by staff, staff-appointed builders, or the community. We don’t use other people’s builds. This means that everything you see on our server is unique and reflects the amount of hard work we’ve put into it.
- Events and Contests. We have monthly build contests, and periodic events such as Arena Night and Cards Against Humanity Night. Not to mention our seasonal events, such as Melon World and the famous Halloween Event.
- And lastly, our team of responsible staff that are always around to welcome new players, solve issues, and make the server a better place.
Like what you read here? Why not give us a shot? You can find us at play.the-minecraft-blog.com.